Apply for the 2013-14 school year
School application - Click here
Siskiyou Pathways is for students in grades 9-12 who are seeking a non-classroom based program and want to design a flexible educational program that meets their individual needs, interests and learning styles.
· Students in the Siskiyou Pathways Program will identify a home community high school where they may elect to participate in athletics and graduate with their class.
· Students will meet initially with their instructor to design their individualized learning plan which includes a selection of courses, extracurricular activities, and future goals.
· Students meet weekly with their instructor to receive help, turn in assignments, get new work, and monitor progress of their individualized learning plan and progress toward graduation.
· The academic coursework is equivalent in content and rigor to the traditional classroom. Students need to schedule 30 or more study hours per week to stay on track for graduation.
· Students will have access to learning centers where they can receive academic help and access to technology in each of the school communities.
· Courses meet A-G requirements for application to University of California programs
Individualized Learning Plan can include:
· Traditional Independent Studies course work
· Online course work
· College preparatory course work
· Any courses of interest that are held on the Mount Shasta, Weed, and McCloud High School campuses including: Music, Drama, Art, Woodworking, Drafting, Construction, Computers, Business, Automotive, Welding, Foreign Language, Publishing, Culinary Arts and other academic or vocational courses.
· College courses
· Work experience
· Community service projects
· Learning support centers located in each community
· Access to extracurricular activities including athletics and school sponsored events