The Siskiyou Union High School District (SUHSD) is located in Siskiyou County. Siskiyou County is centrally located in inland Northern California, adjacent to the Oregon border. Greater than 60% of the land within the county is currently managed by agencies of the Federal and State Governments. As the 5th largest county in the state by area, and the largest county in Northern California, Siskiyou County features spectacular natural beauty and scenic cities and towns including the towns of Happy Camp, McCloud, Mount Shasta, and Weed that Siskiyou Union High School District serves.
The district covers approximately 347 square miles and consists of four comprehensive high schools and one continuation high school in four separate communities, each having a rich history and unique cultural identity. Several of the high schools are geographically isolated and are considered small necessary high schools. For example, Happy Camp High School with 65 students is the District’s most remote school. The school is a 2 ½ hour drive from Mount Shasta where the district office is. The total district wide enrollment as of October 2016 was 550.
Each of the High Schools in the district provides students with a comprehensive 21st century college and career preparatory program. Components of these programs include:
- General education courses including advanced options in English, Math, Science and Foreign Language
- Academic support and intervention courses
- A-G college preparation courses
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses and pathways
- Fine and performing arts courses
- Advanced Placement courses
- Physical Education courses and competitive athletic programs
- Senior Projects
- College and Career guidance
- Student Government, school level clubs, and student activities
Technology and interpersonal skill development are integrated throughout the curriculum and there is a growing emphasis on project/community based learning with a focus on bringing relevancy to the everyday learning experience for all students.
Please visit each of the school web sites to learn more about our schools and communities.